Meet The Residents
The Old Stone House hosts regular 'Meet The Residents: An Interactive Ghost Encounter'™ in Bungendore.
Karen co-hosts these interactive ghost encounters with Buzz McGlone; a Braidwood-based Paranormal Investigator. These encounters are public events that allow up to 30 people to join Karen and Buzz as they spend time interacting with three resident ghosts.
Please take the time to read more about this experience below.
The Old Stone House
The Location: The Old Stone House is a small boutique hotel located in Bungendore in the NSW Southern Tablelands, approximately 260 kms south of Sydney and 40 kms North-east of Canberra city.
Bungendore was established in 1837 as an ideal location connecting Goulburn, Braidwood, Queanbeyan and Cooma. The railway line was introduced in 1885, creating a population boom.
Almost 200 years since it was first established, Bungendore retains its country heritage. With an eclectic array of characters, the town is both slow paced and inviting with many shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants that make it an appealing destination for tourists. Some of the finest cool climate wineries of the region are nearby with popular food and wine festivals being celebrated in both summer and winter.
This event will see Karen connect and communicate with the ghosts that reside in The Old Stone House - a historic building located in Bungendore, now operating as a bed & breakfast.
Throughout this event, Karen will provide insights and stories as provided by the resident ghosts - Margaret, Millie and Mitchell as well as other spirits who choose to participate on the evening.
Who knows? You may receive your own message from ‘the residents’ or your own loved ones!
Utilising a spiritually active site, such as The Old Stone House may result in participants also experiencing the same connections that Karen has, making this a truly interactive experience!
Please note that is not a 'tour' or 'ghost hunt'.
To prepare for the event please read the following;
- We are entering THEIR home – please treat the ghosts with respect (no taunting or teasing, for example);
- This is an event intended to engage and interact with ghosts and connect to spirits – it is not to agitate, upset, ridicule or otherwise disrespect the ghosts who reside there or the spirits who choose to participate;
- Please also respect the current owners, residents, staff – they have opened their doors and allowed us in to their much-loved building;
- Please respect all attendees – we all have different backgrounds, opinions and experiences of the paranormal, spirituality and religion; please respect the beliefs and values of others, even if it is contradictory to your own or challenges your comfort level;
More information can be read here: The Experience.
To learn more about the 'Meet the Residents: An Interactive Ghost Encounter'™ contact Karen Corbett-Baldwin - 0416 268 083.
Tickets are $50 (plus booking fee) and are purchased online.
Accommodation Optional Extra
Please speak with Rachael Putt at The Old Stone House ahead of the event if you would like to combine accommodation with your visit.
This is NOT a tour of the building, this is a Mediumship demonstration where it is anticipated that connection will be made with the spirits of the property by Karen, as well as other spirits present.
The event is held in the Conference Room, set on the grounds of The Old Stone House, not in the house itself.
Any Mediumship demonstration is essentially an experiment to connect to the spirit world. As such, no guarantees are given that such a connection will be made.
Likewise, there are no guarantees that you will have an interactive experience with any ghosts or spirits.
Attendance does not guarantee that you will receive a personal reading.
Anyone who chooses to be disruptive, unsafe or generally unpleasant will be asked to leave and their ticket price is forfeit that is, there will be no refunds given to anyone choosing to behave in an unpleasant or irresponsible manner.
Ticket refunds are not provided simply on the basis of an opinion that the event was not 'interactive' enough for a particular persons taste. Nor are ticket refunds provided on the basis that a person did not see or experience any paranormal activity.
Booking tickets assumes that you have read and agree with the terms and conditions available on Karen Corbett-Baldwin's website www.karenbaldwinmedium.com (refer to the Read Me and the Meet the Residents: An interactive ghost encounter - Your questions answered pages).
Legal stuff (please read before booking tickets):
You should understand that you are participating at your own risk.
- You should dress appropriately for the venue. Sensible footwear should be worn at all times as uneven ground is present at this venue. Raincoats and umbrellas should be brought if it’s raining.
- This event is held in the Conference Room of The Old Stone House, not inside the house.
- People are to remain with the event and not wander off on their own.
- Any person arriving at the venue who is obviously under the influence of drugs/alcohol will not be permitted at the event. Please note that if this is the case there will be no refund of payment received for the event.
- No Smoking rules apply – please only smoke in allowed areas.
- Venues should be respected. Unacceptable behaviour will result in the event being halted and the person asked to leave. No refund will be received.
- Please note that events are not suitable for children under 16.
- Persons aged 16-17 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There is no guarantee you will see or feel any ghost or spirit interaction.
- By booking this event, you waive the right to sue or make any legal claims against Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium, the Old Stone House or its staff during one of these events.
The venue nor Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items whilst using the venue. Any damage you cause to the venue’s property or fittings during the event is the financial responsibility of you. Whilst all care is taken when handling guests safety and property, no liability or responsibility will be taken for injury, loss of, or damage to property before, during or following a function.
You are responsible for your own participation and wellbeing.
You must inform Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium if at any time you experience any physical, mental or emotional discomfort which you consider to be out of the ordinary. You willingly and knowingly assume for yourself, your heirs and legal representatives, all risk of physical injury or emotional upset which may occur during or after this event and you hereby agree to Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and /or volunteers, harmless from any liability, damage, loss, cost or expense, arising out of your participation in this event.
Please Note About Receiving Messages from Mediums
Like all medium shows there is no guarantee you will receive a message due to the numbers but Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium will try to read for many as possible. From my experience many people say that even if they do not receive a message they have enjoyed seeing the reactions of those who do.
Some messages given can be confronting and upsetting if you are being given a message you do not wish to hear or receive please let the Karen know and she will stop. Please then respect other guests if they decide to continue with the message, if you feel uncomfortable hearing someone else's messages please feel free to leave the room for a break.
Please be advised that no psychic or medium reading can predict, forecast, diagnose or provide information with absolute certainty. No guarantees or assurances of any kind are given and Karen Corbett-Baldwin – Psychic & Medium will not be held accountable for any interpretations or decisions made by recipients based on information provided during readings. Readings are provided for entertainment purposes only. For medical concerns, please consult with a physician. For legal matters, please contact a lawyer or law enforcement personnel. For financial matters, please contact an appropriately qualified professional.